2010年11月19日 星期五

Moving out

Moving out from a place I’ve been staying for years could be hard. However, almost every college student needs to move out from home. There might be some reasons for why so many college students live by themselves or with friends.
First, if a student needs to transport for long to get to school, he/she might want to move to somewhere near school. Second, it could be that he/she just simply wants to learn to be more independent and enjoy how it is like to have freedom. Third, he/she chooses a university that is away from his/her home city. Of course, in that way they wouldn’t have choices but to move out.
Take myself for example, I live in Taichung city with my parents but five months ago I decided to move out because it is troublesome driving for forty minutes or more to school. Well, in one way I would like to learn to be responsible for myself and make more friends, so I asked my parents’ opinion about moving out. Besides the reasons mentioned, a lot of friends of mine chose to study in some other cities because they wanted to experience the differences between cities.
Whatever the reasons are, we need to take good care of ourselves in order not to worry our parents. What’s more, we have to study hard and keep out of troubles.

2 則留言:

  1. Hi Gerda, your writing is still quite good. The structure is clear as well. It is also nice to see you giving an example to illustrate your point. However, I am sure you can do better than this.

    Anyway, I happened to spot some minor mistakes:
    1. transport for long ==> commute a long distance
    2. he/she ==> s/he (this is not a mistake. It's just another way to say he/she)
    3. "Moving out from a home I’ve been staying for years could be hard" This sentence doesn't sound right to me because of the word choices: 'home' and 'staying'. This is tough to explain, so I'll just leave it to you to solve. ;-)

    Have a nice weekend!

    回覆刪除
  2. Hi John, I'm happy to see you giving me these suggestions. :) Thanks and take care!

    回覆刪除